F. C. SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES
Series 600 - Educational Program
Instructional Arrangements Code No. 604
Professional staff members should develop a set of written expectations for students and parents. Student orientation documents should include all of the following:
- Classroom materials and other resources along with instructions for proper utilization and protection.
- Teaching strategies which will be used to address the various learning styles of students.
- Teaching strategies which will address the multiple intelligences of students.
- Attendance rules, including procedures in the case of tardiness or requests to leave class (consistent with school policies).
- Types of classroom activities or assignments, such as discussions, classwork, homework, culminating projects, authentic assessments, field trips, and multimedia presentations.
- Expectations for quality performance.
- The responsibility of the teacher to provide special help for students.
- Staff guidelines related to make-up or enrichment activities.
- Classroom procedures and teacher expectations.
- Assessment criteria, including expectations for work samples which may be kept in a student's portfolio.
- Standards and benchmarks developed for content areas and benchmarks written for each course.
Review: 2-11-10 8-10-15 8-10-20
Revision: 4-11-94 5-10-99