F. C. SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES
Series 500 - Student Personnel
Parental Involvement Code 500.4
Parental involvement is an important component in a student’s success in school. The board encourages parents to become involved in their child’s education to ensure the child’s academic success. The board will:
- Encourage ongoing feedback between the teacher and parent. Part of the feedback includes discussions at the Parent/Student/Teacher conferences and the Annual Title I Spring Family Meeting.
Assign responsibility to the Elementary School Principal who will coordinate the following support services:
- District staff development,
- Building study groups, and
- AEA and state professional development activities.
Gain support of the Title I Program though the following activities:
- Learning Connections for families with children age 0-5,
- Parenting classes for elementary parents,
- Involvement in Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences, and
- Ongoing communications with elementary teachers and staff.
- Coordinate parental involvement activities with Head Start that promote the importance of reading with your child and supporting and communicating with your child’s teacher.
- Seek information concerning the effectiveness of parental involvement through feedback obtained from teachers and parents, Parent/Student/Teacher Conference, and data obtained from the Annual Title I Spring Family Meeting. (Note: A survey will be developed and sent to parents who participated in the Annual Title I Spring Meeting.)
- Seek ways to strengthen parental involvement of Title I activities by reviewing data obtained from parents and teachers from Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences and the Annual Title I Spring Meeting.
The board will review this policy annually. The superintendent is responsible for notifying parents of this policy annually or within a reasonable time after it has been amended during the school year. It is the responsibility of the superintendent to develop administrative regulations regarding this policy
Review: 10-09-08 4-14-14
Cross References: 903.2 Community Resource Persons and Volunteers
Legal References: No Child Left Behind, Title I, Sec. 1118, P.L. 107-110