F. C. SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES
Series 1000 - School-Community Relations
Professional Therapy Dogs Code No. 1009
PROFESSIONAL THERAPY DOGS
Checklist of Information in Building and District Business Office Files
Professional Dog Owner_________________________________________________________
Professional Dog Handler(s)______________________________________________________
Professional Therapy Dog ________________________________________________________
School(s) in which dog will be used_________________________________________________
• Administrative Approval - A signed statement of the building administrator's approval for use of the Professional Therapy Dog.
• Health Records -A copy of annual vaccinations and exams signed by the veterinarian, including a photocopy of Rabies certificate. It is expected that all owners will use year-round preventive medication for heartworm and external parasites.
• Rabies, five-way parvo/distemper, and Bordetella vaccinations
• Comprehensive wormer or a fecal check for worms
• Check for external parasite control
Please note: for dogs less than one year of age or receiving their first parvo/distemper and rabies vaccination, follow-up vaccines will take place in one year. For all other dogs, these vaccinations take place every three years.
• Public Access Test Documentation- A certificate certifying that the handler and dog both passed the Public Access Test must be provided.
• Current Certification - date: _______________________
• Proof of Insurance
Dog Owner's Signature Date
Building Administrator's Signature Date
Director of Finance's Signature Date